Fund Accounting Manager (AVP)
In this position, you will report into the Vice President (VP) in Cork. You will work with this VP and with other Managers in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of funds within your team.
You will have extensive experience in the Auditing or Administration of hedge funds. Experience in Irish regulated funds and Central Bank reporting would be very beneficial. You will have a proven knowledge of the fund industry and should have demonstrated experience in leading teams in a similar role.
Experience working on Paxus would also be highly beneficial for this position.
- You will be responsible for the detailed review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) net asset values of various funds, including:
- Reconciling transactions related to the investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity.
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation.
- Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, preparing financial statements, and working with external auditors.
- You will be responsible for the oversight of fund accountants and their assigned relationships, ensuring timely and accurate NAV calculation along with any other client specific reporting requirements.
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
- Ensuring client enquiries are answered in accordance with company service standards on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the funds specifications
- Ensuring compliance with all internal deadlines for reporting and MIS
- Supervision and training and recruitment of accounting staff
- Ensure accurate delegation of work across your team
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
- Extensive fund accounting experience
- Experience with general ledger accounting
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Strong computers skills including Excel & Word
- Familiarity with the Paxus accounting system is a major plus
- A general knowledge of the investment industry and/or fund accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
- University degree preferred- accounting, finance, business or economics (or overseas equivalent)