Video for this job
- You will be responsible for the detailed review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) net asset values of various funds, including:
- Reconciling transactions related to the investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity.
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation.
- Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, preparing financial statements, and working with external auditors.
- You will be responsible for the oversight of fund accountants and their assigned relationships, ensuring timely and accurate NAV calculation along with any other client specific reporting requirements.
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
- Ensuring client enquiries are answered in accordance with company service standards on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the funds specifications
- Ensuring compliance with all internal deadlines for reporting and MIS
- Supervision and training and recruitment of accounting staff
- Ensure accurate delegation of work across your team
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
- Extensive fund accounting experience
- Experience with general ledger accounting
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Strong computers skills including Excel & Word
- Familiarity with the Paxus accounting system is a major plus
- A general knowledge of the investment industry and/or fund accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
- University degree preferred- accounting, finance, business or economics (or overseas equivalent)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Kehoe on 021-4911061 or email email@example.com