Fund Accountant – Wealth Asset Management
We are currently recruiting for a consultant within our client’s growing Fund Accounting department. The consultant will have responsibility for accurately reviewing and sign off on NAV calculations. They will be the subject matter expert on the team for all fund specific requirements. The consultant will also lead the team in rolling out new system enhancements and procedures. They will collate and provide feedback from the fund accounting department to the relevant stakeholders. They may be an individual contributor or have one or two direct reports.
· Responsible for co-coordinating systems testing in the team.
· Mentors individuals and peers during projects and assignments.
· Analytically and procedurally competent to represent the team on cross-function process or project deliverables.
· Responsible for the rollout of new procedures within the team in consultation with BPA/Team leaders/NAV Managers.
· Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department
· Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
· Instils a client service culture among staff and ensures that all clients receive a quality service.
· Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans and succession plans for all levels of staff.
· Identify tasks to be completed by the project team and ensure that they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Identify and delegate projects/assignments and tasks to individuals and peers. Maintain accountability for the projects/assignments. Provide progression feedback and recognition to the individuals and the project team.
- Previous fund accounting experience or relevant operational/accounting experience preferred
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting applications preferred
- Experience with vendors an advantage (Bloomberg, Reuters etc)
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Evidence of successful negotiation skills
- Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface with other systems and an appreciation of how to implement such interfaces.
- Client service orientation
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates a willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
- Third level qualification or pursuing a professional accounting qualification an advantage but not required
If interested, please give Blaithin O’Shea a call on 01 66 200 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org