Full Stack Engineer
We are delighted to be working in partnership with the NPD Group Global Market Research company. The NPD Group is excited to begin building their ICT Research Technology Lab in conjunction with the Athlone Institute of Technology. This lab will develop, test and optimise artificial intelligence strategies for real-time market and consumer data analysis. (You can read more about this initiative here.) In parallel to this work NPD are creating a Centre of Excellence, which will include a team of professionals solving real business problems and building new technology solutions through artificial intelligence, machine learning and mobile app engineering. This team is expected to grow and evolve over time.
As part of this effort we are seeking a Full Stack Engineer. If successful, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and collaboratively, to develop cloud based, scalable code to support mobile apps and big data processing, deploying scalable and automated solutions. You will collaborate with multiple technology teams and commercial groups to understand the business challenge and existing resources to ensure you deploy a best in class result, addressing your stakeholder needs. You will play a key role in ensuring ongoing business and client success through our proprietary software, and multiple technologies in our growing, next generation platform.
These positions will be Hybrid, primarily remote in Ireland.
- Strategically craft and execute technical solutions. Identify technical weak points and implement fixes
- Perform fixes and troubleshoot data quality issues, automate solutions driven by error logs, deploying machine learning where appropriate
- Collaborate with Global Technology, commercial teams as well as AI/ML & data science staff to better understand data models and data ingestion requirements ensuring solutions are robust and integrated with a long-term view. Operate using an agile approach, where appropriate
- Create and implement pipelines that facilitate the transfer of data from various sources, systems and databases efficiently
- Automate an influx of data, build moldable solutions for data acquisition, ETL and machine learning pipelines using C#, Java, Objective-C, Python or other appropriate alternative
- Develop cloud based and hybrid data warehouses and business intelligence platforms
- Influence and implement more efficient products identifying appropriate KPI thresholds, providing analysis, developing dashboards, and generating user documentation
- Design and develop software tools in existing platforms and be responsible for design, coding, testing, debugging, generating documentation and successful deployment
- Work closely with fellow engineers from other teams to design and develop cross functional data exchange microservices
- Apply findings from research to help solve challenging product problems
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a Technical field such as Computer Science Mathematics or relevant Data Technology field. Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in Data Engineering
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures in knowing when to apply them
- Experience of agile development methodologies
- Deep understanding of large-scale, distributed systems.
- 5-7 years experience in Data engineering in a production environment
- Experience working with Cloud Services (i.e. Azure AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Practiced using web scraping tools (i.e. cheerio, puppeteer, jsdom)
- Able to work effectively taking an agile/lean/simple approach
- Passionate about creating solutions. Quickly researching/ramping up on new tools/software
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, analytical platforms and data visualization tools, such as Power BI or Tableau
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Gillian Nicholson.
(090) 6450665 or (01) 6620088