- Reference: CJ44198x
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
- Ensuring all airfreight consignments are managed correctly through airlines, agencies & customs.
- Assist in running the freight operation in its entity.
- Ensure cost effectiveness of the airfreight operation.
- Assist in sales & business development to expand the freight operation for the site & region.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan & manage the day’s shipment by dealing with clients, hauliers, agencies & customs & also Flex internal departments.
- Manage all documentation relating to airfreight jobs.
- Complete customs declarations following outlined procedures.
- Deal with client’s queries & requests as required.
- Ensure all billings & accruals are completed daily.
- Initiate procedures to ensure best service levels are achieved at all times.
- Continually check for most cost effective solutions in all areas.
- Manage the Regulated Agent duties as the Air Export Security Manager for the site.
- Compile monthly reports with agreed data to demonstrate actions taken to reduce costs as outlined in weekly reports.
- Ensure all billings & accruals are completed for that month for the freight department.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in freight forwarding.
- Operate on own initiative.
- Knowledge of IT systems is preferred but not mandatory.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!