Video for this job
Job Title: Formulation Scientist – Solid Dose
Location: South East England
Company: Global Pharma
We are currently recruiting for a Formulation Scientist with Solid Dose and Commercial Packaging experience to be based in the South East of England.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize technical experience, fundamental scientific knowledge and agreed Best Practices for packaging design and development for pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Help solve packaging problems collaboratively in a team environment using the scientific method and appropriate experimental designs.
- Work closely with formulators, analysts, and manufacturing colleagues on co-development to ensure successful commercial scale up and launch.
- Support the authorship of development reports, and packaging related sections of regulatory submission documents (e.g. Common Technical Dossier for drug product filings). Support initiatives to develop best practices, test methods, and work processes to drive efficiencies. Independently participate in aspects of experimental design and perform hands-on laboratory experiments to support packaging development and troubleshooting
- Recommend and help implement new packaging and dosing device technologies to support global R&D goals.
- To interpret scientific data to derive clear conclusions and provide direction for future work.
- To communicate effectively to the project team and present data at team meetings.
- To maintain high quality documentation of all activities in electronic notebooks, reports as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in pharmaceutical or allied sciences (i.e. first degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Life Sciences) or similar, plus a minimum of 1 year’s relevant industry experience is essential. Degree in packaging science and medical/pharmaceutical packaging development preferred.
- Practical work experience in an operational R&D role in pharmaceutical/drug delivery or allied industries, e.g. pre-formulation, formulation and/or process development of solid, semi-solid or liquid dosage forms.
- Broad scientific knowledge base and technical ability for packaging design relevant to the formulation protection and patient needs of solid or liquid dosage forms.
- Good experimentalist with evidence of general competence in a range of laboratory skills/techniques and unit operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Good awareness/understanding of the requirements for working in a GCP and/or GMP environment, knowledge of drug development and clinical trial processes would be an advantage.
- Evidence of experience in autonomous planning, performing and reporting of own experimental programmes, including demonstrated proficiency in background literature searching, interpretation and application of findings.
- Effective oral and written presentation skills, with proficiency in use of standard word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software packages.