Our client, a market leader in their field has a requirement for a Financial Reporting Manager to join their Finance team on a permanent basis. This role has come about due to an upcoming retirement and with this, there would be a lengthy handover for the successful candidate. Reporting to both the Operations Director and Managing Director, the Financial Reporting Manager would be part of a team which produces monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to the senior management of the group. In this role you will manage a team of approx. 3-4 people and would be directly responsible for preparation of the year end financial statements. This role would suit those with 3+ years PQE within a fast paced commercial setting. Based on the south side of Cork city, competitive package on offer and interviews to take place promptly.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Leading the team and overseeing their development.
- Key member of team on delivery of monthly financial reports to group.
- Produce accurate management reports, information, data analysis as required and assist with periodic budgeting and forecasting.
- Accountability for the accuracy of data in the nominal ledger.
- Be an active team member during External and Internal Audits of the business which can cover both financial and operational activities of the company.
- Responsible for the production and timely delivery of annual financial reporting requirements of the company, in addition to completion of various tax reporting requirements.
- Co-ordination of the GL maintenance and balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Monitor the company’s accounting operation process to ensure absolute quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Guide colleagues in the resolution of non-routine and complex financial reporting issues.
- Committed to working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success.
- Keep abreast of industry standards, company law, tax law, regulatory and financial reporting standards eg FRS16, which may impact the business.
- Ensure completion of revenue returns 46G, RCT, CT1 and group required import VAT data.
- Cultivates and maintains working relationships with department managers within the company and group.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 3+ years post qualification experience in a commercial environment.
- Relevant Accounting Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- Experience in preparation of company final statutory accounts.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ERP systems.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Profit Share Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness Initiatives
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.