Video for this job
Financial Derivatives Analyst
Opportunity for someone with immediate availability to start to join a leading company as a Financial Derivatives Analyst
- Timely and accurate prices for derivative products for inclusion in the NAV and by ensuring leadership is provided for clients in this complex area.
- Maintain strong systems of controls and standards in the derivatives support team.
- Ensuring that the business and our clients are protected from risk.
- Challenge our internal processes with a view to finding opportunities for improving the derivatives processes making them more efficient and cost-effective.
- Support the business by being proactive in all aspects of our role, promoting the “getting it right first time” culture.
- Develop a good understanding of all the technical function and processes within the team.
- Take on additional tasks helping other team members who may need assistance.
- Work with other analysts and new staff to resolve issues and improve the skill set of the team.
- Participate in cross training to get a solid grounding of team functions.
- Ensure that all derivatives have been captured and accounted for correctly at each valuation point for all funds.
- Act as an escalation point for any issues that arise with regard to the derivatives process.
- Degree in finance or related field and an awareness of Financial Services.
- Highly numerate and analytical with an ability to learn quickly and to grasp the intricacies of complex OTC derivatives.
- Understanding of the OTC Derivative market is beneficial
- Basic understanding of custody and fund administration functions required
- A creative and dynamic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work on own initiative and adhere to strict deadlines
- Professional approach and ability to develop relationships both internally and externally
- Proficient in using email and standard Microsoft Office packages. Whereby experience of MS Access, Bloomberg and/or Fund Accounting packages is not prerequisite it would provide a distinct advantage.
For more information or a confidential discussion contact Claire Normoyle on 061-512270 email@example.com