Financial Controller required for an exciting new company setting up their operations in Galway city. Strong background in transfer pricing required. Excellent opportunity to join a new development.
Financial Controller for Overseas Entities will be responsible for identifying and delivering a broad range of accounting/financial services to the organizations under common ownership. Primary responsibility of ensuring financial reporting accuracy and timely reporting, analysis of business operations, management of expenses using best practices of cost and budget accounting and developing standard accounting operating procedures and internal controls. The Controller will also work with accountants locally to maintain data and produce financial reports.
- Manage the Transfer Pricing Accounting process, including evaluation, documentation and application, that establishes market pricing allocation for services exchanged between subsidiaries, affiliates, or commonly controlled companies that are part of the same larger enterprise, providing the maximum tax savings for the company.
- Supervise employees and 3rd parties performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP/FASB standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Prepare and review monthly consolidated financial reporting and conduct monthly reviews with department heads. Prepare and oversee monthly account reconciliations including elimination entries, journal entries and bank account reconciliations.
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analysing, and reporting appropriate data points and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- Closely monitor and manage the cash flow from a short term and long-term perspective.
- Oversee the following: Annual Financial Audit, Company Insurance Policies, Tax Requirements, Participant Insurance.
- Ensure timely closing of books; monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Manage the chart of account in a manner that meets the needs of the business; financial, tax and management reporting.
- Prepare annual financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports to send to third parties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with auditors, banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel in order to facilitate financial activities.
- Monitors department budget and manages and/or approves employee expenses accordingly.
- Performs other related duties or completes special projects as assigned.
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of five years plus managerial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Strong system skills including NetSuite, SAP, Oracle or similar and MS Excel
- Solid knowledge and understanding of GAAP and FASB
- Detail oriented; Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change regularly.
- Fluency in Spanish would be an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.