Job Title: Financial Controller –French Market- Multinational Division.
Our clients are seeking to recruit an experienced accountant into the position of Financial Controller who will be based in Ireland, to manage and lead the accounting /financial accounting team and related activities for their French Entities/Business. The individual, who will ideally be proficient in French, will have competence in local IFRS and US GAAP reporting with at least three years of practical experience in a multinational organization. The role will work closely with the local management group and is ultimately responsible for all statutory reporting and the US GAAP reporting of the French entities; All reporting will be on an accurate, timely and concise basis and the individual will ensure compliance with local legislative requirements, liaise with internal/external parties, provide financial and business analysis to the local management group and support the EMEA VP of Finance to meet agreed objectives.
Essential Skills / Experience Required:
We are seeking an individual who must be able to perform the essential duties of the Controller as well as having a wide range of skills and qualifications. The experience requirements for the role are:
- At least 3 years management level experience within the Finance function of a multinational company
- Fluency in French and English language
- Knowledge of IAS/IFRS, and US GAAP accounting principles
- Audit experience, specifically for SOX
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong project management skills
Key Responsibilities – will include
- Full responsibility and accountability for the financial reporting for France entity which includes all US GAAP, Statutory, Corporate and EMEA reporting
- Support the EMEA VP of Finance to meet agreed objectives and drive the overall performance of the
- Support the local management group in all relevant matters providing leadership and guidance
- Liaise with internal and external audit and our corporate office on financial statement & reporting
- Ensure full compliance with SOX requirements
- Generate monthly sales reports that drive discussion on pricing performance growth
- Control and optimization of internal financial
- Ensure compliance with all Group policies; financial, asset control, compliance, legal, travel
- Ad Hoc reporting according to business needs
- Key Relationships / Interfaces to cross international local team
Behaviors / Values
- Highly proactive attitude to review and improve internal processes
- Personal gravitas to influence senior management for change, and to manage effectively a team of resources
- Highly personal and flexible attitude to interact with colleagues at all levels within the organization
- A high level of communicative skills, the ability to persuade, and self-assertion are expected as well as the ability to work under pressure analytically and systematically. Quick comprehension, thinking in terms of the big picture and organization skills are essential as well as the ability to integrate and build relationships with different
- A straightforward working style is essential in addition to self-motivation, problem-solving abilities, team spirit, and a “hands-on” mentality.
- Must be able to quickly establish credibility at all levels in the organization as a person of strategic insight, commercial awareness and an influencer who can convert the strategic intention into detailed actionable plans that people will follow to achieve the necessary
- Travel to France
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Mary Mullin.