Rare opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a well-known not-for-profit organisation based here in Cork. Working closely with members of the Board, CEO, Colleagues and Volunteers, the Financial Controller will play a key role in the management of the Finance Operations and in the delivery of the Strategic goals. As well as leading the Finance team, you will work closely with leadership colleagues to provide insights and feedback to drive outcome improvements, while working closely with the CEO to build a culture of employee engagement and continuous improvement to ensure that a high-quality service is provided to all stakeholders. Hybrid working options along with a competitive overall package.
Interviews are to take place shortly so please feel free to get in touch for more details and a confidential chat.
Overview of main responsibilities (full job description available on request):
Strategy and planning
- Lead the development of long-term strategy to achieve agreed strategic goals.
- Lead the annual planning re-forecasting process to produce effective strategies to achieve income raising and cost savings targets.
- Driving a continuous improvement culture that focuses on the implementation of best practice solutions.
- Support the development through providing insights and analysis of a wider understanding of input/output relationships across the Charity.
- Support clear visibility of success and identification of the factors of success through people, income, and costs.
- Drive KPI development and reporting in the Charity.
- Responsible for the maintenance/development of CRM, reporting and financial systems.
- Monthly Board reports for the board providing insightful commentary & strategic input.
- Build a strong team culture with active leadership through performance management and learning and development programmes; ensuring that strong staff training programmes, process documentation and standard operating procedures are kept current and aligned with the best practice in charity governance.
- Oversee the preparation and completion of high-quality management accounts, information, budgets, reports, etc.
- Lead on the preparation review, inspection of annual budgets, and quarterly re-forecasts.
- Investigate underlying income assumptions to improve the robustness of targets and provide insights to budget owners.
- Preparation for, planning and oversight and management of Annual Audit.
- Provide Secretariat support to Audit and Risk, Investment and Compliance Subcommittee.
- Manage internal audit process, implement any findings.
- Establish and maintain best practice in management reporting with leading indicators across all areas of the Charity, ensuring transparent and easy to understand reporting to support Leadership colleagues and frontline staff.
- Liaise and manage relationships with Charity’s Regulator, HSE and external agencies in relation to Compliance and Charity service level agreements.
- Responsibility for GDPR oversight support Data Protection compliance in the Charity.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Qualified Accountant with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client, and external stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategy and business plans.
- Strong and proactive creative thinker who can apply and influence initiatives to the organisation and/or its services.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to secure senior management and Board approval for strategy.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.