Financial Controller - Mayo
Financial Controller required with 5 years post qualified experience, experience in a manufacturing is essential. Mayo.
- Oversee the accounting operations of the facility, especially the control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Manage the Accounting team and oversee the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Manage outsourced functions.
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Support subsidiary corporations on transaction and customer related queries, as required.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Conducts regular internal audits to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Support with the monitoring of debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Oversee the inventory cycle counting process and calculate key inventory metrics.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Support with the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Provide support with the financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are completed.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Process payroll and pension contributions in a timely manner.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CPA.
- Third level qualification in Accounting, Business, or other related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years post qualified experience, experience in a manufacturing industry related role is essential.
- Financial and Management Accounting background.
- Experience in analysing financial data and report preparation and presentation, knowledge of Irish GAAP is essential.
- Strong commercial background with in-depth knowledge of ERP systems and product costing.
- Strong accounting knowledge of AP, AR, Inventory & GL, and month-end experience.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.