Financial Analyst required for a long term contract, 3 years plus post qualification experience in a manufacturing environment. Galway city.
- Responsible for the Inventory Accounting, with a focus on the ongoing management and review of standard costs on system
- Assisting in managing the Ops Finance monthly period close process – reporting and analysis of the results; review of all transactions, and reconciliation of all balances to the general ledger; in-depth sales and margin analysis; price, labour and material variances; production and non-production scrap; material and manufacturing absorption; fixed cost spending; warranty accruals; inventory movements
- Close relationship with the Operations of the site with a particular focus on cost savings and inventory turns projects
- Preparation and analysis of weekly and monthly KPI’s ( i.e. Gross Margin %, Inventory Turns, Productivity conversion and Savings, absorption etc.) – responsibility for the explanation of these metrics
- Assist in the organisation of the annual physical inventory at the site and the monthly cycle counts.
- Liaison with auditors / tax compliance specialists for the year end audit
- Ad hoc projects related to both Finance and Operations
- University/ Master Degree in Finance/Accounting field
- Professional Accounting Qualification
- Experience in an Operations Finance role i.e. Cost Accountant, Financial Analyst
- 3 years+ post-qualification experience in a multi-national, manufacturing environment, with broad and detailed Costing and Inventory accounting responsibilities
- Knowledge of MS office tools – advanced Excel essential
- Knowledge of SAP FI but not essential
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091706712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.