Our client, a leading global healthcare company in Sligo, is seeking a Financial Analyst/Project Accountant on an initial 12 month contract.
· Reporting to the Assistant Plant Controller you will support several key areas of the business. The ideal candidate must possess excellent data accuracy and analytical skills, be capable of working on their own initiative and able to prioritise tasks and work under time constraints.
· Manage the site project spending budget spanning multiple technical and capital projects, liaise with project owners to ensure spending targets are met, prepare spending forecasts, monthly reports and attend monthly review meetings w/ project management.
· Manage R&D project spending budgets and support grant submissions and close out audit of the claims.
· Support product costing including working with relevant departments to update BOMs (Bill of Materials) and manufacturing Routers to calculate standard costs for new manufactured list numbers.
• Complete approvals on SAP.
• Run and maintain standard costs reports from SAP.
· Responsibility for accounting and reporting on SCOP (Standard Cost of Production), Material Usage Variances and Distressed Inventory.
• Preparation of month end journals, reconciliations, and reports for relevant areas of responsibility.
• Review and analyse actual performance v. budget/forecast.
· Supporting additional FP&A activities (including reporting, forecasting & budget processes) as required.
· ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent accountancy qualification.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance/Accounting.
· Minimum 4 years in Accounting or Finance experience in a similar role.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, variance analysis skills, accuracy and attention to detail
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in cost accounting and/or manufacturing / supply chain finance
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Microsoft Excel (e.g. Pivot tables, common Excel functionalities)
Experience with SAP and with business insight tools (e.g. Power BI, Qlikview)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Colin Byrne.