Financial Accountant required for a 12-month temporary contract for our client in North Mayo.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all financial and management account reporting function including preparing the monthly management accounts and reconciliations in accordance with recognised accounting standards;
• Planning, organising, managing and supervising the work and staff, who are responsible for the payroll and pensions, accounts payable, tax compliance and travel and subsistence functions.
• Managing and developing the performance reporting staff including monitoring attendance, holding regular one to one’s, managing underperformance and identifying training requirements.
• Continuously reviewing and improving the finance service delivery processes with the view to achieving efficiency, consistency and transparency.
• Preparing the annual statutory financial statements for certification by the C & AG.
• Assist in the coordination and finalisation of internal and external audits.
• Provide advice on financial management issues as required.
• Developing of new procedures and reporting systems as required;
• Management of the roll-out of new modules, upgrades and enhancement projects within the Financial Management System (FMS).
• Full membership of a prescribed accountancy body supervised by the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority (IAASA); e.g. CPA, ACCA, ACA;
• Minimum of 3 years PQE is required;
• A good understanding of public sector accounting and financial management systems;
• Person specifications for people management
• Strong IT skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel and Access.
• Knowledge and experience of governance within the public service, particularly the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies 2016;
• Previous experience working with Business World (aka Agresso)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins