Great opportunity for a qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE to join an award winning multinational manufacturing organisation based in East Cork. This would be a varied role, ideally suited to somebody who has experience within a large multinational environment or large accounting practice. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you would be part of a strong Finance team who work closely together in a positive working environment.
Please feel free to contact Michael on email@example.com or call 021-4809118 for more details.
Overview of your responsibilities:
- Preparation of month end journals to accurately reflect the period transactions and monthly closing balances.
- Ensure internal controls are followed accurately & consistently and in line with company policies
- Preparation of analysis and commentary on month end financial reporting such as Investment Responsibility, Entity, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Headcount, Project Expenses and timely follow up on queries. Responsible for latest best estimates and plans associated with these areas.
- Responsible for ensuring company balance sheet is reconciled each month including preparation of Blackline reconciliations with full backup.
- Responsible for the Fixed Asset Function to ensure all expenditure is tracked and recorded correctly and within budget. Capitalization of Assets when in use and disposal of obsolete assets. Set up of WBS structures for new assets.
- Review statutory returns such as VAT/PAYE/Payroll/Pension/CSO & Government surveys. Work with Corporate Tax to ensure accurate posting of tax balances in local books
- Co-ordinating the annual External Audit and any other Group Audits. Also be the prime contact with the external auditors during their field work and follow up queries.
- Continue to develop best practice in the finance function and company as a whole.
What does the ideal candidates look like:
- Fully Qualified Accountant with 3+ years PQE, preferably within a large multinational environment or large accounting practice. Where coming from practice, a relevant secondment would be required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal accounting, financial and operating controls.
- Strong business acumen and professionalism with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and colleagues in all functional areas of the company
- Strong analytical skills
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien on 021-4911062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org