Responsible for the day to day financial operations of the Unit including beneficiary compliance and support, implementation of policy decisions through efficient processes and development and implementation of programme financial guidelines.
- Manage day-to-day financial function of the Unit
- Manage legacy capital programmes including ongoing monitoring and management of liens.
- Manage Capital Grants & Minor Alterations including the procurement process & asset management
- Manage payment processes to suppliers
- Manage all related payment processes.
- Deliver all financial functions in a timely manner in line with appropriate
- policies and regulations.
- Effective Treasury management including profiling of expenditure, cash
- flow & drawdown management and reporting requirements.
- Preparation of monthly financial information including accounts
- Ensure appropriate management information systems in place
Deliver and report on key performance metrics as defined Preparation for all external/internal audits documentationIdentify appropriate beneficiary supports in relation to compliance, reporting etc
- Production of timely financial reports in agreed format
- Critical analysis of information leading to timely decision making
- Collaborate with other directorates to ensure a consistent approach to compliance
- Assist in identifying and developing options to mitigate programme financial risk.
- Beneficiary performance management – assist in the management of beneficiary risk and application of sanctions as agreed.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate controls for recommendations of external, internal and beneficiary audits
- Assist in the identification and reporting of issues of risk
- Determine, develop and deliver training as appropriate to staff
- Performance Management
- Allocate work, develop staff and ensure effective relationships in a team working context
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven strong financial management experience and knowledge
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook coupled with CAD, programme databases, SharePoint portals
- Previous people management experience
Professional recognised accounting qualification or to be part qualified with the majority of exams passed and studying to full qualification is essential.
Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector
- Knowledge of Government Accounting Regulations
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton on 090 64 78104 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!