- Reference: 46871
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Longford, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
My client, a leading Medical Devices company based in Co. Westmeath are looking to hire a Financial Accountant to join their team on an initial 18 month contract. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with a stellar reputation.
- Preparation and entering of accruals and journals to the nominal ledger.
- Present monthly overhead expenditure levels, comparing to budget/forecast and highlighting any variance and required actions.
- Complete Balance sheet reconciliations of relevant accounts.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of accounts to Hyperion.
- Submission of variance schedules to corporate Finance.
- Ensure all financials are in compliance with US & Irish GAAP. Preparation of the Statutory Accounts.
- Revenue compliance – responsible for VAT, VIES, Intrastats, etc – Return and compliance.
- Deal with external and internal auditors to ensure compliance of audits and statutory requirements.
- Input into annual budget and quarterly forecast, detailing volumes, headcount, overhead etc. for BU
- Update budget/forecast to Financial database.
- Candidates must be a qualified accountant with proven technical ability and computer literacy
- Five years experience in financial accounting in a manufacturing background
- Ability to take ownership, be proactive and achieve desired results is key.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self starter with ability to work on own initiative & work to tight deadlines
- Strong process performance skills
- Working experience of computerized accounts package (Oracle)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in MS office applications.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton on 090 64 78104 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!