My client, a manufacturing company with a European presence, based in Athlone, Westmeath is looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to be part of their Finance Team. This is a full time permanent position and you will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller in a rewarding work environment.
Key duties & responsibilities of your new role:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Maintenance of the General ledger.
- Journal preparation and posting.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of accounts to Head Office on a monthly and year end basis.
- Ensure all internal control procedures are implemented.
- Revenue compliance – responsible for VIES, Intrastat, etc. – return and compliance.
- Responsibility for cash management of the business.
- Cash flow preparation / Management of supplier payment process and on-site treasury contact.
- Management and operation of weekly payroll / Liaise with HR department re costs/variances.
- Monitor and measurement and weekly reporting of KPI’s to monitor business performance.
- Monthly sales reporting and variance analysis by customer to head office.
- Maintenance of data warehouse for internal Cognos reporting for Sales and Production.
- Investigation and analysis of aspects of business performance.
- Assistance with year-end statutory audit
- Qualified Accountant with 5-10 years PQ experience in financial accounting
- Ability to take ownership, be proactive and achieve desired results is key
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, confident and articulate
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining consistent level of quality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT Skills - Proficient in MS office applications
- On-site parking
- Canteen facilities on-site
- Access to company defined contribution pension scheme on completion of qualifying service
- Active sports and social club
- Occupational nurse on-site during the week
- Attractive Salary - €65,000-€75,000k DOE
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarra Hadi