- Accounting functions
- Partner in the proactive development of financial models and preparing financial reviews and future projections at month end to include both financial and written analysis.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process with responsibility for the preparation of specific section of the annual budget and analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly Management Accounts Pack, Annual Accounts, reports for funders and other financial reports.
- Work with financial and non-financial data sets to assess trends and KPIs.
- Posting transactions and month end journals to the accounting system.
- Maintaining, recording and reconciling Petty Cash and Credit Card Accounts.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and follow up investigations and journals.
- Maintaining an Asset Register.
- Assist with the preparation of invoices for approval, and reviewing and processing expense claims.
- Managing the bi-monthly payment run.
- Track grant income and expenditure against grants on a monthly basis and follow up as necessary.
- Verifying that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Administration of the finance interface with FlowForma process management system.
- Preparation of payroll and payroll reports to tight deadlines, in collaboration with HR.
- Provide cover as required for other Finance team members on leave.
- Providing timely and accurate monthly and ad-hoc financial reports to internal customers in the national office and local services, with meaningful analysis.
- Working closely with the fundraising team verifying and reconciling donation income
Knowledge / Skills / Experience Required:
- Passionate about young people, their mental health and achieving change in Irish society
- A minimum of 3 years working in a finance team with experience in a range of accounts functions: accounts payable/accounts receivable/banking/bank reconciliations/general ledger/ budget vs actual reviews/budgeting and projections.
- Accounting technician qualification or similar or studying CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to prioritise work and an ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- A responsible person who can follow procedures and guidelines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work in a supportive role to other members of the team.
- Experience with accounting packages.
- Experience of Accounts IQ accounting software.
- Experience of FlowForma or other process management software.