Location: Dublin City Centre
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Contract: Full-time, fixed term (3 months)
The post holder will be responsible, along with colleagues in the finance team for the smooth running of a busy finance function for the company and a network of local services located throughout Ireland. Working in a small finance team, they will develop strong working relationships with other National Office functions and the local services to ensure timely and accurate financial management.
- Maintain, record and reconcile on Accounts IQ Petty Cash and Credit Card Accounts for 13 The company services. Ensure receipts and/or sufficient backup on file for all transactions/reconciliations received from the company services. Liaise with services on top-ups to Petty Cash and Credit Card. Organise and cancel credit cards on request. Maintain credit card register. Liaise with the bank as required.
- Complete monthly current account bank reconciliation on Accounts IQ as part of month end process and in accordance with month end deadlines.
- Post transactions and month end journals to the accounting system on a timely basis and in accordance with month end deadlines.
- Post supplier payments setup new suppliers on banking online
- Assist the Finance administrator with accounts payable duties as required/needed to meet month-end deadlines e.g. preparation of invoices for approval, reviewing and processing expense claims, filing and scanning of invoices.
- Monitor and ensure rents and service charges for company services paid as due
- Maintain Asset Register.
- Preparation of monthly budget reports for company services and coordinate quarterly meetings to discuss year to date expenditure versus budget.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and follow up investigations and journals.
- Manage the payment run and transition to batch payment processing.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Possibility to be involved in project work such as the transition to Flowforma for PO approvals and employee expense claims
- Provide cover as required for other Finance team members on leave.
- Any other ad-hoc reporting required
Working with other departments & local company services
- Work with the local company services and department managers on budget management.
- Provide timely and accurate monthly and ad-hoc financial reports to internal customers in the national office and local company services, with meaningful analysis.
- Support the wider company team to understand and comply with financial policies and procedures
- Work closely with colleagues in other departments and in local company projects to ensure timely and accurate financial administration
- Train, support and present to staff regarding financial policies and procedures
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by the company to assist development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Essential Criteria:
- Passionate about young people, their mental health and achieving change in Irish society
- A minimum of 3 years working in a finance team with experience in a range of accounts functions: accounts payable/accounts receivable/banking/bank reconciliations/general ledger/ budget vs actual reviews/budgeting and projections.
- Accounting technician qualification or similar or studying CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to prioritise work and an ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- A responsible person who can follow procedures and guidelines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work in a supportive role to other members of the team.
- Experience with accounting packages.
- Experience of Accounts IQ accounting software.
- Experience of FlowForma or other process management software.
If interested, please contact Blaithin O’Shea on 01 66 200 88 or email email@example.com