Finance Manager - Galway - Long Term Contract - Hybrid
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Financial Reports, Annual Financial Statements and any other internal or external reports required, ensuring that they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Organising the workload for the team and ensuring that the right resources are available and trained to the highest standard.
- Responsible for the Induction and training of new team members ensuring that the highest levels of training are delivered and measured.
- Drive Continuous Improvement to streamline processes.
- Assist in the co-ordination of the daily workflow of the accounting team including the completion of detailed account analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Manage both local and international based GL Accounting teams.
- Develop new and streamline existing processes and systems as required to ensure more efficient delivery of value add information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and analyse cost information for presentation to and review by divisional managers.
- Provide day to day cover for Team when members are absent in particular when critical deadlines need to be met.
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial reports for defined entity/ region, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Review of entities balance sheet reconciliations at month end.
- Review entities monthly accruals & prepayments to ensure all items are accurately captured.
- Review of entities Income statement variance analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Review of entities compliance with US GAAP revenue recognition criteria.
- Review significant revenue contracts for in scope entities to ensure compliance with corporate revenue recognition guidelines.
- Ensure delivery of all ad hoc reporting requirements as they arise and manage and review reports for accuracy prior to publication.
- Interface with corporate tax and treasury on all matters that impact the business unit including tax strategies.
- Collaboration with external audit staff for periodic year-end review procedures and local statutory audits as required.
- Provision of input on local finance policies and procedures ensuring ongoing compliance for all accounting and finance operations.
- Develop relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Liaise efficiently with corporate and with the other IT business subsidiaries throughout the world.
- Ensure that the internal control environment is operating as intended and that any improvements are implemented in a timely fashion
- Provide assistance to the worldwide finance organization where required.
- Other duties & projects as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Accounting qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Third Level Degree or equivalent
- 5+ year’s relevant experience – preferably multinational background.
- SAP/Oracle or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable.
- Strong computer skills especially MS Office & Qlikview.
- Fluency in a European language an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.