My client, a well-established medical device manufacturer based in Athlone, is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join and lead their finance team. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with strong manufacturing, cost accounting, and people management experience.
- Lead financial processes related to monthly close, quarterly forecasts, annual budgeting, and standard cost setting in line with global timelines and procedures.
- Conduct in-depth performance analysis to identify trends, drivers, and variances in expenses and costs compared to budget/forecast. This includes evaluating efficiencies, investments, programmatic savings, headcount, and providing ad-hoc analysis.
- Develop key performance indicator analyses and dashboards to provide leadership with a clear understanding of site performance, associated risks, opportunities, and recommended corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, local statutory accounting, SOX, and our client's worldwide finance policies and procedures. This involves overseeing the integrity of the balance sheet and supporting overall compliance efforts, while offering technical guidance specific to our manufacturing sites.
- Offer expert financial guidance to the Manufacturing Director and cross-functional leaders to align on financial objectives, establish strategic imperatives, and identify opportunities for performance improvement.
- Collaborate with Operations Leaders to drive initiatives focused on enhancing operating performance. This includes optimizing yield, labor efficiency, balance sheet management, and cost reductions.
- Work closely with site team members to develop and assess business cases that support investment opportunities. This involves identifying, approving, and monitoring performance against expectations.
- Lead talent management efforts for both direct and indirect reports, taking on responsibilities such as mentoring, coaching, and fostering the development and motivation of staff members.
- If you meet the qualifications and are ready to excel in a dynamic manufacturing finance environment, we invite you to join our team and help us achieve our financial goals.
- Must be a qualified accountant
- Must have significant experience in a similar lead finance role.
- Must have strong cost accounting and people amanet experience.
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills
For a confidential conversation contact Niamh Cregg