Finance Manager required for a Galway based organisation with 5 years relevant post-qualification experience.
1. Management of the Finance Services Team
- Overseeing, advising, planning, organising, and directing the work activities of the staff making up the Finance Services team.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive and productive work environment for staff through motivating, training and developing staff in order to promote their creativity, interest, involvement and contribution towards the successful achievement of the Services’ objectivities and plans.
- The recruitment, selection and induction of staff.
- Dealing with day to day problem-solving issues that are outside the scope of the team members themselves.
- The authorisation of the Finance Services’ day-to-day expenditure within an approved budget.
2. Management of Financials, Banking, Procurement, and Payroll
- Management of the core finance functions – includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, staff expenses, group home accounting, payroll, projects, banking and cash management operate effectively and in line with finances procedures.
- The on-going preparation and management of cash flow requirements including the preparation of periodic cash flow statements.
- Being the administrator for all banking arrangements - the maintenance of all bank accounts, debit cards and credit cards including the upkeep of all banking mandates and security access codes.
- Oversight of the procurement processes to ensure that the Services engage in effective procurement processes that comply with policy and procurement regulations and supporting the preparation and submission of tenders.
- The on-going development of a compliance/internal audit function within the Finance Services. This involves the implementation of a structured process of planning, carrying out, reporting, and follow up.
- Ongoing development of payroll, financial and accounting policies, procedures, and processes supported by publishing best practice statements and procedures.
3. Management Accounts
- Overseeing the maintenance of the general ledger and associated control accounts.
- Ensuring that the general ledger recording accounts express accurately the type of expenditure incurred by the Services and that all income receivable is correctly assigned and easily traceable.
- Communicating regularly with budget holders to ensure that they understand their management accounts, the regulations that underpin them, and that they operate within their agreed budgets.
- Highlight any budget overruns or deviations from the service plan and assist managers in formulating a strategy to facilitate a return to the budgeted position.
- Advising on issues, trends, KPI’s and changes in the financial operating performance and operational delivery.
4. Preparation of Annual Financial Statements for Audit
- Liaise with External Auditors on audit preparation including interim audit.
- Preparation of all documentation and ledger accounts proofs necessary for annual audits.
- Ensuring that end of year accruals, prepayment, deferred income, and stock taking are appropriately prepared for audit.
- Preparation of the Annual Financial Statements to audit standard and ensure that all corporate, funding bodies, legal and statutory requirements are met.
5. Annual Budget Preparation and Management
In collaboration with the Head of Finance assist in:
- Preparation of the pay and non-pay budget for the Services requiring direct liaison with service managers.
- The preparation of budgetary costs as required.
- Providing financial advice to service managers and appraise/evaluate budgetary proposals as necessary; this may involve membership of working parties.
- Candidates should have a relevant 3rd level qualification to degree level i.e., qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant post-qualification experience. A proven ability to motivate, lead and develop a finance team. Experience of presenting budgetary and financial matters to senior managers and budget holders is an essential requirement.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate leadership, communication and team working
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.