Full time, Fixed purpose (4 months)
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Coordinator, will help coordinate the company’s finance function and provide support to the Manager of Finance in the overall financial management and financial planning for the organisation. They will work as part of a small finance team working to tight monthly deadlines and focusing on continuous improvement of the finance function. The purpose of this fixed purpose role is to allow the Finance Manager focus on process and systems improvements in the Finance function while the Finance Coordinator ensures the operational side of the Finance function continues to operate as normal.
The Coordinator will work closely with other colleagues and provide financial support and leadership at national programme and local service level.
Financial Management & reporting
- Assist the Manager in the day to day management of a small finance team, providing support, where needed to the team. Work with the team to achieve monthly deadlines, to ensure financial procedures are adhered to and the general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable are accurate, effective and timely.
- Authorise purchase orders and expenditure, including payments of staff expenses and supplier invoices. Ensure suppliers and staff are paid on a timely basis. Payment runs are on a weekly basis.
- Review and sign-off of monthly reconciliations for bank (x3), petty cash (2 accounts for 12 petty cash accounts) and visa (1 account for 15 credit cards).
- Completion of reconciliation work on visa accounts and systems issues with current account reconciliation to be resolved.
- Supplier accounts review and clean-up.
- Completion of CSO returns.
- Review of monthly budget reporting as required.
- Review of monthly payroll and payroll model as required Other
- Ad-Hoc duties as required.
- Work with Finance Manager and board sub-committees to ensure good financial governance.
Support to other staff
- Coordination of the finance team supports to local services and internal budget holders including a) adherence to finance procedures, b) providing monthly financial reports, c) regular scheduled meeting to review financial performance, and advice on finances, d) Learning network meetings with relevant finance / services staff, and training of non-finance staff in financial procedures.
- Negotiate pricing with supplier and act as the finance person on tendering processes if required.
- Liaise with and support internal stakeholders as well as the Senior Management team in order to develop and maintain good working relationships with the Finance team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Fully qualified accountant
- The ability to manage and prioritise own workload and that of the team, and work with flexibility, reliability, and initiative to meet deadlines.
- Systems focused with an eye on continued process improvement and process efficiencies necessary for growth.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills and experience in working in a supportive manner on financial issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with a range of professionals from broad backgrounds.
- Experience in using accounting software packages.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational, administrative and time management skills. Solution focused with strong negotiating skills and integrity.
- Excellent IT Skills including Microsoft advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Passionate about young people, their mental health and achieving change in Irish society.
- Audit experience/trained in practice
- Fully qualified accountant with two-three years post qualification experience in a busy finance department with experience managing a team Experience working in Not For Profit organisation
- As our client is a regional organisation, this role require access to a car and the post will require travel for work and a willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required.
- All staff members are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
If interested, please call Blaithin O’Shea on 01 66 200 88 or email Blaithin.firstname.lastname@example.org