Our client, Compunet, is a wholly Irish-owned IT services company and is looking to add an IT Field Service Engineer to their team on a permanent basis. Offering a comprehensive range of IT support solutions, their client base is both Irish and Multinational businesses, as well as numerous schools and colleges in the education sector. Their services include cloud migration, server installation and virtualisation, backbone infrastructure design and implementation, PC/Laptop repair, and structured cabling.
As the IT Field Service Engineer you will offer more than just an IT solution; you offer a partnership where every service is tailored to their customers’ individual IT requirements. You will also work closely with recognizable multinational IT Companies such as Microsoft, Malwarebytes, HP, Dell, and SonicWall, to strategically plan, integrate, implement and support technical solutions. This is a positive working environment where you have great opportunities to learn and develop your career.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 5+ years experience in IT support (field-based experience an advantage).
- Strong Windows Server knowledge
- Strong knowledge in Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS etc.
- Strong virtualization experience, Azure, Vsphere or Hyper V
- Experience using shared storage in a virtualization environment.
- Ability to manage projects efficiently and see through to completion.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good working knowledge and experience in the configuration of VPNs.
- Experience with one or more of the following vendors, Sonicwall, Cisco, HP
- Working knowledge of switching and routing is an advantage
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of wireless with Unifi is an advantage
- MCSE, CompTIA Qualification, or similar an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Ryan Blackett.