Our client, a global player in providing semi-conductor production equipment systems, is seeking a Field Service Engineer / FSE to join their growing team, onsite at their new facility in Kildare.
Reporting to the senior engineer you will be responsible for providing field service engineering activities to the company’s customers onsite. This position troubleshoots more complicated products and problems. As a Field Service Engineer, you will be customer-facing, onsite, and ensure all products/equipment are maintained.
Core Duties Include:
- Manages service calls and determines customer needs or problems and responds accordingly.
- May provide over-the-phone consultation and advice to the customer, may need to respond to emergency customer situation or may schedule and repair Company’s products at customer site.
- Performs preventative maintenance on Company products.
- Establishes and manages a local maintenance service structure.
- Inspects and evaluates customer usage of Company products.
- Provides training to customers in usage and maintenance of Company products.
- Provides application support on Company products to customers.
- Liaises between the customer and applications programmer for customer requests involving changes in applications.
- Ability to research market needs and customer applications of Company products.
- Submits application reports to management in a timely manner.
- Supports sales activities and establishes and maintains good relationships with customers.
- Provides training to other Company field service engineers as needed.
- Submits various reports, such as service reports, weekly reports, and expense reports to management in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining company parts and tools and ensuring downtimes are at a minimum.
- Effectively communicates with head office engineers regarding product applications and technical issues.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelors / Masters / Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- 2-5 years experience working in the Semi-Conductor Field.
- Experience / Exposure to Lithography, Optics, Plasma, Laser, robotics, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting/repair of optics/laser, and any mechanic under vacuum environment experience.
- Eligible to travel for 3 months training period to the US / Japan in Spring 2022.
- Experience with Hand tools, electronic diagnostic equipment, test fixtures equipment.
- Efficient use of office equipment and Software includes the use of Windows operating system & MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills and solution-focused attitude.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Ranait Coughlan
(090) 6450664 (01) 66 200 88