Field Service Engineer – West of Ireland region
As Field Service Engineer, you will join a team of 5 experienced engineers providing technical support to a range of medical equipment from automated infusion systems to renal dialysis equipment and surgical technology. A structured training programme will be put in place for the successful candidate incorporating certified manufacturer training courses in conjunction with hands on experience working alongside senior engineers in our workshop and on customer sites. You will be challenged in this role to develop and establish expertise in a wide portfolio of medical device technology. As your competence and experience levels grow you will become an important member of our engineering team contributing to the planning and implementation of large installation projects and also working independently in our workshop and on customer sites. This is a unique opportunity to work within a dynamic, collaborative and professional engineering team with exposure to cooperate on projects with our international colleagues. This opportunity will suit a recent graduate or an experienced engineer ready for a new challenge and provides a pathway for further career progression within this global healthcare provider.
- To engage in the installation, repair and maintenance of medical equipment at customer sites or other locations. This may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
- To undertake technical and user support training (both locally and abroad) for company products and any other relevant equipment.
- To develop and maintain a level of technical competency to work independently and confidently.
- Willingness to learn and embrace emerging technologies in the dynamic environment of modern medical devices.
- To be commercially aware and market orientated.
- Flexibility to travel to our customers throughout the 32 counties of Ireland.
- To work as part of a team in the achievement of team/organisational objectives
- To ensure documentation and record keeping responsibilities are always completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- To engage and understand the policies and procedures associated with the business.
- To work with the team in any other activities which will benefit the team and the customer.
- Future Participation in a 24/7 on call rota when the business need arises.
- A team player, readily helps and co-operates, encourages reasonable and positive relationships within the team.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability. Uses a structured problem solving process to obtain results. Clearly identifies root causes of problems. Uses appropriate analyses to generate a variety of options. Evaluates solutions to determine the most suitable
- Ensures attention to detail.
- Can build rapport. Is outgoing and positive to customers. Relates well to other members of the team and customers. Displays enthusiasm and is understated in approach.
- Performs tasks in a structured and organised fashion, can deal with several tasks at once.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Qualified in electronic / electrical / mechanical / biomedical engineering or similar technical discipline
- Strong I.T. and communication skills essential.
- Previous experience in technical service (maintenance & repair) and I.T. hardware desirable.
- Comfortable working in a clinical setting and interacting with allied health professionals (e.g. nurses, doctors, biomedical engineers)
- Familiar with relevant E.U. Directives for medical devices, e.g. MDR, EN 60601, I.S.O. quality standards.
- Full clean driving license
- Flexible to travel regularly throughout Ireland, and further as the need arises
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson.