To represent the Service technology Centre (STC) in undertaking the failure analysis of all products within the territory, including failure identification, root cause analysis investigation and the provision of accurate reporting whilst maintaining a focus on safety and quality.
Failure Analysis Engineer responsibilities:
- Assist in identifying the cause of failure and support the Failure Analysis Manager in root cause analysis by providing data and knowledge from failure identification material, field information, SAP, download data, warranty test stands, strip report data, and final test data.
- To track and raise potential new types of failure modes and new problem processes with supporting evidence provided to the Senior Failure Analysis Engineer and Failure Analysis Manager leading to an improvement of the lifetime of vacuum pumps.
- To provide accurate, quality failure reports in the failure analysis system for all products returned to the Service Technology Centre
- To accurately record failures in SAP and the failure analysis reporting system.
- Work with the Failure Analysis and technical teams to improve root cause identification and support the introduction of corrective actions.
Failure Analysis Engineer requirements:
- Previous experience within field or on-site servicing, either within vacuum or abatement; or a minimum of 3 years‘ experience within a Service Technology Centre
- Must also have experience in decontamination and parts inspection; or experience in a technical support role
- Solid understanding of manufacturing and service methods
- Self-directed, with the ability to understand and resolve advanced failure analysis problems and escalates through the appropriate channels when required
- Understands and uses the appropriate tools and techniques to aid failure analysis work e.g. parts inspection, troubleshooting, quality tools
**FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION**
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan