Factory / Plant Operations Manager - Co. Westmeath
Our client is a wholly independent company with its headquarters in Hong Kong, manufacturing operations in China, and a global distribution network that is expanding operations into the EU - We are now hiring a Factory Manager to join their growing Ireland team !. We are delighted to bring another senior opportunity to the midlands market and seeking to recruit a Factory Manager to be based at their manufacturing facility in Co. Westmeath.
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for manufacturing operations here in Ireland. You will also be an integral part of the global manufacturing leadership team and work with colleagues across other manufacturing sites in Asia.
- Drives engagement in safety vision, Journey to Zero, to prevent incidents through focus on unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Manages resource utilization to assure timely production and quality standards are achieved daily.
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of appropriate levels of manufacturing capacity while controlling labor and overhead costs.
- Structures the organization of the operating departments to enable the manufacturing of products with consistent quality, timely delivery, and competitive costs.
- Plan, facilitate, and/or lead continuous improvement with a focus on safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost.
- Demonstrates strong talent management ability focusing on hiring, coaching, directing, and developing employees while increasing engagement.
- Drives safety policies, practices, programs, and initiatives to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Executes a sales forecast managing the priorities of the production areas to optimize daily output.
- Lead the planning and implementation of NPI, ERP and CRM system with R&D, QA department.
- Ensures facility operates within and maintains compliance with, applicable regulatory requirements such the FDA regulated Quality System, ISO, etc.
- Increases customer satisfaction via enhanced availability of key products, and reduced lead times while simultaneously minimizing the value of raw material, work in process, and finished goods inventory.
- Manages manufacturing engineering personnel in developing and implementing process improvements, production safety features, and cost reduction concepts, while simultaneously providing production and R&D support.
- Manages facilities team in the preventative maintenance & repair of the building site and production equipment.
- Participates in the review of product designs and specifications to ensure that new products are designed for manufacturability. Supports overall product development efforts.
- Participates in and contributes to the strategic and operating plan processes; active leader contributing to the overall running of the business.
- Partners with the Finance team on measurement and reporting of manufacturing metrics and cost control activities.
- Successfully establishes and adheres to yearly departmental and capital budgets.
- Oversees development and maintenance of appropriate work instructions.
- Practices good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work closely with the Headquarters in Hong Kong and China in the product, Quality System Transfer, and initiative implementation.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or related field is required
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in a manufacturing or operations leadership role is required
- Experienced in utilizing an ERP system in an Operations setting is a must.
- Proven experience in leading and implementing lean methodologies, creating flow & establishing pull for high volume products, with measurable results is required
- Experience with managing injection molding manufacturing or medical device assembling is preferred
- Experience operating in an FDA/ISO regulated environment is a plus
Skills and Abilities Required
- Proven leadership skills including team building, collaborating, accountability, strategic and innovative thinking.
- Strong decision-making skills in response to high-pressure situations.
- A results-oriented approach focused on developing and building high-performance teams.
- Ability to manage effectively at all levels, communicate a clear and compelling vision and influence others to support timely achievement of initiatives and goals.
- Strategic and critical thinking abilities, strong analytical skills, and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to drive and implement process management, value stream execution, and continuous improvement activities.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Mary Mullin
01 6620088 / 085 8718281