Our client, a multi-national medical device manufacturer are looking for a Facilities Maintenance Engineer to join their growing team.
The Facilities Maintenance Engineer will direct and provide leadership for the maintenance and operation of the facility's physical plants, all mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems, HVAC, utilities, and grounds ensuring the plants are safe, secure, and operational state.
It's an exciting position with exposure to many key projects across the Galway site and an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and skillset with the Facilities Engineering group.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of site facilities and associated systems/services in line with business needs and compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Provide direction to the Facilities Engineers, Technicians and third-party contractors.
- Initiate and monitor effective and economically justified preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Track, trend, and implement improvements using corrective maintenance data to reduce cost and improve facility operations.
- Interpret and execute policies and procedures that affect facilities' operations and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain operating policies for facilities maintenance and operation to ensure accurate maintenance records are kept for the Galway site.
- Supervise outside contractors who construct, maintain, and repair buildings, equipment, and utility systems, including facility cleaning, landscape maintenance, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, and general maintenance.
- Responsible for business planning for facility maintenance projects, including developing budgets, schedules and resource planning goals.
- Participate in facility upgrade projects and modifications to provide input into the design, commissioning, and installation of facility systems.
- Partner with production and other cross-functional groups to achieve plant and business objectives.
- Take responsibility for facility systems operation, including BRMRAM, FIRM and Business Continuity Systems.
- Develop and maintain facility operation and maintenance standards, procedures and work instructions.
- Work with manager to establish department goals, objectives, resources and facility budgets.
- Research, design, and implement new systems and process improvements.
- Actively participates in Facilities and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) management team.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the site to promote collaboration on project objectives and facilities maintenance issues and establish a strong internal network.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering - Level 8
- 5+ years experience
- Detailed knowledge of Facilities' electrical, mechanical & control systems.
- Knowledge of building regulations.
- Proven track record in continuous improvement and problem-solving.
- Experience working with outside vendors and subcontractors.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
For a confidential discussion on this role or to apply contact Amy Newell.