A well-established, independent, employee-owned company with a global presence in Medical Device manufacturing and distribution. This new role will lead the site facilities function of this large manufacturing business to maintain existing facility equipment and install new facilities equipment to ensure that the facility department delivers all required services to the manufacturing process enabling the plant to deliver its key Quality, Service & Cost Objectives.
- Manage the overall services provided within the facility.
- Contribute to the development of strategy, vision and structure around facility management.
- Manage all facility projects from concept development through to project completion.
- Manages Facilities budget with a focus on reducing operational costs.
- Manage the overall building and facilities equipment maintenance/calibration schedules.
- Manage Plant Layout – Facilities and Process Equipment to optimise production requirements with a focus on Lean thinking.
- Lead the Facilities function to deliver best in class Facilities experience.
- Track building and facilities equipment upkeep as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance needs.
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure all internal and external audits are successfully completed.
- Manage Facilities Health & Safety, Disaster Recovery plans in accordance with company policy and legislation.
- Ensure the security of the building.
- Maintain the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped.
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
- Drive engagement in the Facilities team through ongoing skills development and training on maintenance best practice.
- Support the Environmental management processes and policies within the facility.
- Manage performance in the Facilities team to ensure resource use is optimized.
- Manage the facilities department recruitment process in conjunction with the HR department.
- Manage the plant fire protection system and liaise with factory Mutual Insurance (FM) on all aspects of plant protection.
- Manage the calibration system and the expansion of Blue Mountain PM system on site.
- Support the maintenance of ISO standards on site ISO13485 and ISO14001
- Degree in Engineering discipline Mech / Elec – Master’s Preferable
- Degree in energy conservation
- Project management qualification
Length of experience
- 5+ year’s experience of facilities management, performance management, including supervisory level experience for a minimum of 2 years – preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment
- Knowledge of Fire Equipment Systems design and maintenance
- Knowledge of compressed air, chiller applications, design and maintenance
- Knowledge of cleanroom design and construction
- Knowledge of PM Systems (Blue Mountain)
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems (Cylon BMS)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org