- Reviewing tender documentation and providing the best possible design solution available ensuring that health, safety, quality, environmental and energy aspects are considered.
- Liaising with project managers and engineers to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the project programme requirements.
- Producing detailed models and drawings on design software of components and assemblies from supplied information, to the required standards.
- Generating and / or modifying drawings and design documentation to comply with the Notification of Design Change (NDC).
- Selecting standard components in design using various resources such as the internet, catalogues, etc.
- Providing assistance to individual project groups in specific areas of documentation and administration, for example, project specifications, Design FMEA, etc.
- Complying with document control procedures i.e. the drawing must include the correct date and revision number. The drawing must be checked and approved by a supervisor. The drawing must be saved within the appropriate job folder using the correct reference format.
- Complying with the appropriate building and design standards and regulations.
- Adhering to guidance and instruction from project and / or senior engineers.
- Complying with engineering practices and procedures.
- Assisting in dimensional measurement studies.
- Assisting in prototype builds and analysis.
- Participating in Lean / Six Sigma improvement teams.
- Third level design / engineering qualification; and / or
- Three years relevant experience.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes on 021-4911066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org