Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Letterkenny, is looking to hire an Extrusion Process Engineer.
- Designing and installation of new equipment.
- New product launch activities.
- Researching available technologies with the objective of improving product quality, reducing cost and/or increasing capacity.
- Participating in cross-functional projects with Manufacturing, Sales, R&D, Safety and Quality teams including statistical analysis, customer support and technology transfer.
- Leading/participating in root cause investigation of customer complaints, and quality audit findings.
- Degree in Engineering or Science (Materials, Chemistry, Mechanical, Polymer)
- Prior experience in plastics, (Polymer extrusion/ Injection/ Blow moulding)
- Knowledge of material testing methods, e.g. Tensile, DSC, DMTA, FTIR
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving & communication skills; Team and autonomous working abilities
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- High degree of proficiency with computer databases, DOE and statistical analysis (Six Sigma experience highly desirable)
- Experience in Continuous improvement, Kaizen, SPC, and TPM
For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Whelan on 071 914 2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org