- Reference: LK46478
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Limerick City
- Category: Construction, Architecture & Property
Executive Project Engineer
My client is currently seeking an Executive Project Engineer to join a niche Property Development company based in Limerick. The projects will predominantly be based in the Limerick City and Suburban area.
- Prepare effective project governance controls, in particular risk management, financial management and budgetary controls and procedures.
- Manage critical stakeholder relationships, establish defined project objectives and obtain “sign-off” to a detailed project brief.
- Establish an agreed project budget for consultants, construction and other costs, including an appropriate contingency fund based on identified risks.
- Establish a detailed project schedule with all internal and external parties committed to meeting required target dates.
- With the support of project stakeholders and project team members, produce a project “Risk Register” and “Risk Mitigation Plans” for all potential high impact risks.
- Carry out a capital cost project appraisal in line with Government guidelines
- Establish and implement an effective “Change Control” process and ensure that any proposed scope variations are properly authorised and managed.
- Produce monthly detailed financial appraisal for projects and progress reports comparing actual performance against the base-lined budget, timescale and scope. Report also on the management of risk and use of any allocated contingency fund.
- Ensure EU public procurement requirements are fully complied with
- Review the project costings as the cost plans are refined with the progression of detailed design. Ensure budget targets are maintained with immediate reporting of variance.
- Monitor the performance of all consultants/developers to ensure that all onsite and offsite construction is in compliance with specified standards and building and safety regulations.
- Co-ordinate and direct design teams and contractors
- Oversee contractual conditions of performance.
- Oversee design and work progress and monitor to ensure appropriate safety plans are in placeand in operation.
- Co-ordinate between the various teams and stakeholders involved on each given project.
- Chair and record all client, stakeholder, design team progress meetings.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licences.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques and health and safety requirements
- Post graduate qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
- Knowledge of public procurement legislation and processes
- Knowledge of project management and construction management processes
- A full complement of construction project management technical skills, industry knowledge and a track record/expertise in delivering quality mixed use schemes
- Familiarity with project management software e.g. Microsoft Project is essential and knowledge of risk management software
- Good knowledge of building regulations with particular awareness of environmental issues such as CO2 emissions and Government performance targets for buildings
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable leadership and human resources management skills including competence in conflict and crisis management
To apply for this role please forward your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion please call 061 512270