- Reference: CJ46754
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Marketing
The Events Manager must demonstrate a balanced approach towards Revenue and Sales in order to make the right decisions for the business and have the skills set to see what is important for the business overall. They must demonstrate high engagement levels & provide consistently high levels of customer service.
- Manage the Wedding and Events Sales Team
- Set Objectives, Goals and Targets for the team with the Director of Sales
- Assist in the development of the annual Sales Plan and Budget
- Achieve budgeted goals for the Events and Wedding Department
- Maximise hotel revenue and guest satisfaction by ensuring accurate and effective processing of conference bookings, weddings and private functions
- Prepare a weekly forecast for Weddings and Events or when requested
- Complete departmental Sales, Wedding & Events Reports weekly or when requested
- Conduct client site inspections and wedding showgrounds
- Responsible for the conversion of event and wedding enquiries
- Manage the relationship with the Operations Team, ensuring that all information regarding a wedding or event is communicated correctly
- Attend client entertainment evenings, industry events and trade shows if required
- Attend weekly Management Meeting when required
- Introduce and implement new Opera procedures if required
- Ensure that the Sales, Wedding and Events Team are trained to use Opera
- Actively seek out new sales leads
- Ensure the Events & Wedding team pass all sales leads to the Sales Team
- Utilize Opera to its full capacity ensuring that bookings and activities are inputted correctly and that all follow up on enquires and existing bookings is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that all enquires are followed up on in a timely manner by the Wedding and Events team and seek assistance from the sales team if required.
- The Wedding and Events Team are responsible for the issuing and receiving of all Wedding and Events contracts
- Create client files for all enquiries and bookings to ensure they are accessible by all in the department should an associate leave or be out sick
- Work with their counterpart in sister hotels, passing on sales leads and creating SOP’s across the group that will increase revenue.
Managing Meetings and Event Sales Staff
- Manage the Wedding and Events Sales Team and all the HR responsibilities that this requires i.e. holidays, sick leave, rosters, appraisals, recruitment, disciplinary and dismissals
- Utilise leadership skills and motivation to maximise associate productivity and satisfaction
- Challenge team members within department to achieve optimum revenue and service standards
- Monitor department’s overall service, interaction with other departments and team work daily, and takes action to improve
Human Resource Management
- Screen, interview and select potential team members
- Ensure that all new team members attend induction and receive the adequate training in order to do their job effectively and efficiently
- Identify training needs and makes sure team members receive relevant training, including on-the job-skills training to provide consistent, reliable service
- Identify team members with potential for promotion and/or transfer and make recommendation to their senior manager for succession plan
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and the HR Team on the following Human Resources related tasks:
- 3rd Level Degree in a Business, Hotel and Catering, Event or Tourism Discipline or equivalent
- Experience in a similar 4 or 5 star hotel background desirable
- Significant experience with Opera or equivalent.
- Word-processing skills, preferably with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Analysis and reporting.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!