Estimator Vacancy – Midlands
Exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join a leading Structural Steel company in the midlands.
Estimator Job Description
- The successful candidate will be involved in tendering for all structural steel & cladding construction projects.
- Duties will include preparing and collating accurate, detailed and timely tenders based on drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and other information so as to secure profitable work orders.
- This involves sourcing subcontractor and supplier quotations, analysing information for ambiguity, risk and qualification and seeking clarification where necessary.
- Communicate with Design team, Main Contractors & Clients.
- Work with Chief estimator, Production, Site Management & Company Directors to prepare complete estimate.
- Must have growth mindset.
- Verify that all works are complete and accurate prior to reporting to the Estimating Manager & Directors.
- Read & understand bid instructions, specifications & drawings. Prepare a “take off” of materials included in the job if necessary, estimate all necessary labour, materials., equipment costs (including crane & MEWP costs) to prepare a thorough estimate.
- Preparation of project budgets & hand over documentation upon securing of new projects.
- Experience with Excel and Word is essential. It would be an advantage but not essential if you have experience in the following; Navisworks & Strumis.
- Exercise good judgment and experience in working with purchasing, steel erection labour, equipment and transportation costs to arrive at a full cost estimate with appropriate profit margins to achieve Company’s goals.
- Assemble all pricing information in a clear, standardized budget format.
- Determine areas within an estimate that require further clarification and submit a Request for Information (RFI).
- Examine construction sites and observe unusual or challenging conditions in preparation of the tender.
- Estimators are required to write their own proposals using company templates to establish the scope of work and supply the bid.
The successful candidate will assist in the ongoing development of systems and procedures used in tendering and will keep up to date with contractual changes and other developments in the construction industry. They will work both in a team and on their own initiative. Degree in Quantity Surveying is necessary with experience in this field of 5-10 years.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.