An exciting opportunity for an experienced Equipment Engineer to join a leading medical device company based in Cork. This role will be on an initial 12-month contract with strong scope for extension/permanency. This is a days-based hybrid model role with a 3/2 split in the office/at home.
- Responsible for the introduction and validation of new equipment.
- Works with Value Streams to identify opportunities for equipment improvement – automation, vision systems, robotics etc.
- Works with Product Development to help establish the equipment requirements for new products.
- Works as part of a team to define the specification of new equipment (URS).
- Meets with vendors to review equipment proposals, vendor selection and capital approval.
- A core team member for new equipment design reviews and FAT's.
- New equipment validation.
- Transfer and validation of equipment from other sites.
- Champions the introduction of new technologies.
- Helps debug production issues with automated equipment.
- Ensures that Maintenance and Calibration requirements are built into new equipment specifications.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all on site validation requirements.
- Degree in Automation/Electrical Engineering or related discipline and at least 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience of qualifying equipment and maintenance an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.