Equipment Engineering is a unique function within our client based in Galway to deliver innovative and effective automated equipment and systems solutions by researching emerging technologies and applying them to improve manufacturing processes.
In this role, you will lead a team of technician’s coordinating mechanical and electrical builds and upgrading equipment. Using your technical knowledge and people management experience, you will assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development and Sustaining Programs by participating in the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment and Equipment Upgrades.
Key Activities of the Role:
- Coordinate the Mechanical and Electrical assembly of new and repeat build production Equipment for our clients site.
- Oversee the Mechanical and Electrical upgrades to production equipment in Galway.
- Provide technical leadership on equipment build issues/ potential improvement.
- Scope and quote work associated with the mechanical and electrical build of equipment
- Coordinate daily activities of mechanical and electrical build technicians and assist in issue resolution.
- Liaising with engineers and project managers in the equipment engineering group on various projects.
- Forecasting and resourcing with ETC group to ensure the business is adequately supported
- Liaising with Inventory Control group to achieve build start dates
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure that the equipment is built according to our clients specifications and is appropriately handed over to manufacturing.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and budget.
- Responsible for equipment build verification before equipment handover.
- Liaising with electrical commissioning group to ensure equipment meets CE marking standards.
- Support software, controls, customers, and others during project commissioning and testing phases.
- Chair and drive standard meetings such as build reviews, stand-ups, and continuous improvement workshops
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the group and actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance with all quality requirements
Qualifications & Experienced:
- Engineering qualification equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8 and have demonstrated track record in equipment build.
- Demonstrated track record in team leading and planning. Experience in Workshop Equipment, and Machine Building will be essential.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar environment.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Christopher O Toole.