- Reference: GJ446635
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Medical Devices
Based in Galway working as part of the equipment group, the senior engineer will be accountable for the build of automated equipment used in our manufacturing process across global sites. Working from proof of concepts development through to achieving production KPI’s – generating all relevant documentation, including validations. Ongoing support of existing processes in including equipment failure mode reduction on legacy equipment. The role will require a strong proven track record in hands on; equipment design, build and debug.
• Design and introduce manufacturing processes to meet the demands of productivity and quality.
• Proactively and continuous engagement with project stake holders to ensure the best engineering solution is delivered
• Production of support documentation including BOMs, manuals, and engineering documentation.
• On-going support of existing processes, identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
• Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements within Creganna Medical
• Ensure goals and objectives are met and understood by effective communication, building an atmosphere of openness, honesty and flexibility with individuals and within the team environment.
• Manage external relationships with technology providers / suppliers.
• Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled Researching solutions to existing process problems
• Technical support to production
• Validation support and delivery of completed systems
• Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably 5+ years’ experience.
• PLC/electrical system debugging/faulting ability
• Working knowledge of solidworks
• Strong technical background and capabilities.
• Motivated to work on own initiative and the ability to make and implement decisions.
• Knowledge of ISO and FDA compliance with emphasis on validation.
• Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
• A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost effective solutions.
• Excellent working knowledge of equipment and process validation
• Strong hands on proven automation background
• Knowledge of Laser, chemical cleaning, and other medical devices manufacturing technology is a strong advantage