- Reference: LK46009
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Limerick
- Category: Health & safety
Position: Temporary Environmental Scientist (maternity cover)
Role: Manage and execute environmental programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Participate in the co-ordination of activities on site to deliver continuous improvement in our 14001 Environmental Management Programme.
- Perform chemical and instrumental analysis as required.
- Perform microbiological monitoring of Deionised Water, Finished Product and Process Areas as per the schedule.
- Assist in the technical management of the waste water treatment plant to ensure compliance with the IPPC License.
- Monitoring and reporting the status of environmental programs and metrics in conformance with regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Promoting Environmental Awareness on site through effective training programmes
- Implement resource use and energy efficiency programmes in accordance with our Integrated Pollution Prevention Control License and Corporate requirements
- Relevant Degree
- 3 years’ experience carrying out Chemical analysis in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience in the operation of an activated sludge Waste Water Treatment Plant would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Effective organizing and planning skills.
- Demonstrated project/program management skills and ability to anticipate, communicate and facilitate issue resolution.
- Strong Influencing skills.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion please call Ben 061 512270