Title: Environmental Officer
Location: Cashel, Co. Tipperary
Our client is looking to hire an Environmental Officer to ensure the maintenance and implementation of the Environmental Management System (EMS) in compliance with the sites EPA waste license on their site.
- Liaise with the EPA directly and through the Eden system on any License, infrastructural and enforcement developments.
- Ensure the training of all site operators to be environmentally aware and informed of the Environmental Management Programme (EMP), the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and of any SOP developments
- Work with other members of the Operations Team to develop and implement site improvement projects
- Liaise with Suppliers regarding the intake of materials and customers / landfills regarding acceptance of products and waste materials.
- Liaise with Hauliers to organise the dispatch of materials to customers / landfills in a timely manner
- Responsible for working within budgets and maintaining cost control, Liaising with office staff in regard to PO’s, invoices and purchases
- Liaising with Engineers, architects and planners regarding infrastructural developments on site ensuring adherence to waste license conditions
- Responsible for Health and Safety on site, ensure all staff and contractors are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safety on-site, carry out risk assessments, ensure all equipment is maintained and inspected, ensure the upkeep of all documentation regarding on-site safety, thereby ensuring all risks are controlled in relation to any workplace hazards and that all staff are provided with the appropriate training and PPE
- You will have previous site management/supervisory experience
- You will have waste management qualifications, ideally, have done the CRE ‘Compost Facility Operation’ course
- You will have an in-depth understanding of Health and Safety and strong knowledge of the waste management industry
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion call 061 512 270.