Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Management of all EHS activities within the company, including installation projects and activities at locations outside of the manufacturing facility
- Management, development and co-ordination of the activities of the EHS team.
- Provide guidance on Irish and European Legislation regarding EHS to various stakeholders.
- Lead in the development of EHS systems and ensure the company is in compliance with regulations.
- Research and implementing new safe systems of work and working procedures.
- Drive continual improvement of EHS performance and internal EHS processes.
- Construct and manage annual improvement plans for EHS and implement in conjunction with departmental management teams.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the EHS system to ensure to continuous improvement of the system.
- Co-coordinating risk management process for site.
- Ensure compliance to safe working practices from implementation through to enforcement.
- Have a knowledge of occupational health surveillance processes.
- Liaise with relevant statutory bodies and consultants regarding EHS matters.
- Work with the site management team, site safety representatives and workforce to manage EHS.
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported both internally and externally as necessary.
- Management of EHS documentation and ensuring Integrated Management System is updated with the most recent documents. Manage and co-ordinate the development, review, update and issuing of EHS documentation as necessary.
- Experience and understanding of the Integrated Pollution Prevention & Control License. (IPPC)
- Completion of the Annual Environmental Report. (AER) as per EPA requirements.
- Liaising with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on an ongoing basis.
- Be the EHS champion for project work and ensure all new equipment, Contractors and visitors to site comply with legislation and audits are conducted to check compliance.
- Liaise with Insurance providers regarding all visits and manage any actions generated, be the link between site and insurance providers.
- Deliver training and coaching on key EHS topics as necessary.
- Manage all complaints regarding EHS issues.
- Build close working relationships with key stakeholders and continually strive to improve overall EHS performance.
- Occasional overseas travel as required.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Manufacturing Director following initial review of the company EHS activities and on an ongoing basis as the role evolves.
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Be highly organised, have a penchant for problem solving, proven leadership as well as people management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required in a similar role.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270