Our client, a leading Medical Device company is seeking to hire an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to work across its two sites in Sligo and Letterkenny.
The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing programs and preventative initiatives in the area of health, safety education, accident prevention, and environmental compliance.
Key Responsibilities: (Full job description available on request):
• Promoting a culture of EHS excellence and provide high-quality EHS technical knowledge and reinforce safety on-site by providing/promoting employee awareness/training on matters of environmental, health, and safety.
• Manages all internal & external EH&S audits.
• Assist Facility and Engineering personnel on various projects to improve processes and reduce the overall health and safety risk of the workforce.
• Develop and recommend safety policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and assist facility personnel in plant-wide implementation and maintenance of safety policies and procedures.
• Provides information to site and operations management regarding current, new or proposed governmental regulations effecting business operations.
• 3 years+ experience in a similar role preferably in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental and/or Safety.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all EH&S regulatory requirements essential including knowledge of ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 45001:2018 standards.
• MS Office proficient. Experience with SAP beneficial.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn