A new permanent role with one of the worlds leading medical device manufacturers here in Galway. The successful candidate will contribute to developing EHS programmes and management systems to make EHS an integral part of site operations.
- Support the implementation and improvement of the EH&S Management System namely ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and IPC Licence.
- Contributes to the development the site’s Safety Statement to include hazard identification, hazard risk assessment, and hazard control programmes and participates in their implementation.
- Works with Supervisors, Trainers and Technicians to identify and control significant environmental, health and safety impacts of operations.
- Takes a central role in working with internal committees and training efforts.
- Ensures that all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in and prepares for EHS inspections by external agencies, and all system audits.
- Investigates, prepares, communicates and manages reports on injuries, ll-health, and corrective actions as required.
- Supports and contributes to the site’s life safety programmes to include emergency response.
- Understands and proactively follows through on the Environmental Management Procedures that have been identified as relevant to position.
- Level 8 honours degree in a relevant discipline
- The EHS Specialist has an understanding of matters related to EH&S and a significant information and support network, normally developed over 2 years of EH&S experience and/or educational background.
- He/she is knowledgeable of legislative requirements, and systems needed to implement sound EH&S practice.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills are essential
For a confidential discussion on the role please contact Chris O Toole.