Video for this job
HEALTH SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER
Duties of the job include:
- Promote Health and Safety in all departments throughout the factory to comply with ISO 18001.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety, safe operating procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and reviewed, updated and communicated to all employees.
- Ensure the factory meets its statutory obligation in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and activities taking place in the factory.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills are carried out periodically and daily/ weekly inspections are being carried out.
- Update the company Safety Statement and all subsequent communications.
- Conduct risk assessments, review and update existing risk assessments.
- Assess training gaps, source & select suitable training providers and roll out.
- Deliver inductions and other trainings if required.
- Liaise with the company safety team to continuously improve the company safety system.
- Support any investigations into near misses, accidents, identify root causes and implement changes to prevent reoccurrences.
- Generate monthly performance reports on EH&S KPI’s.
- Maintain a watch brief on all EH&S legislation changes and assess implications for the company.
- Carry out safety inspections and audits as necessary.
- Ensure all contractors are managed according to The Client EH&S requirements.
- Ensure all building related fire and emergency requirements are adhered to.
- Manage the OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 certified systems in conjunction with others
- Prepare RAMS for factory works when necessary
- Prepare RAMS for projects and managing H&S on projects within the midlands/GDA when necessary
- Manage the online tools for monitoring training, contractors and incident reporting.
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree or similar.
- At least 2-3 years EHS officer experience with good knowledge of H&S Legislation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft office
- Experience in the Manufacturing/Construction industry
- Experience of carrying out audits
- Manual Handling/ Abrasive Wheel train the trainer
- Previous ‘Lean’ experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your CV to email@example.com. For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie