Role title: Head of Engineering – Permanent, New role.
I am delighted to bring to the market a new senior appointment opportunity I am recruiting for. Our client a global organization has a new position of Strategic Engineering Manager/Lead open to join their leadership team. We are seeking to hear from an ambitious individual who will establish and lead an engineering program, devise a strategic engineering plan and implement it across the engineering group for the Region (EMEA,). This is a superb opportunity for someone to create /devise and organize this new role and be part of a global / EU team. Based in Ireland you will be an effective communicator and build solid relationships with all sites you are assigned under the divisional program.
You will be responsible to establish and drive the engineering and maintenance strategy in line with the organization’s programs and in line with applicable regional regulations subject to environmental, occupational and safety regulations. You will define standards for existing plants and future builds and working with the HSSE team, engineering and Plant leads to upgrade/retrofit where appropriate.
As part of a global team, you will report to the Regional Director of operations and work as part of the EMEA-APAC leadership team across all relevant plants.
You will promote and facilitate plans for improvements in Plant’s safety, reliability, and availability.
Work with Plant leads to drive Capital investment to improve quality, reliability, safety, and environmental aspects. Take responsibility to Manage Critical Supplier Commercial relationships and Contracts and manage Critical component (parts) inventory.
· Develop an engineering standard for a ‘Division of the Group’s Plants, including the USA, and benchmark all Regional facilities with a clear action plan and risk register, standardising where appropriate.
· Develop a tool for monitoring critical components of the Assigned Divisional plants.
· Put in place suitable service contracts and (critical) spare parts procurement where appropriate.
· Facilitate information and engineering know-how and best practise sharing across sites through regular meetings and communication.
· Provide leadership to ensure safe engineering practices by development of an effective safety culture, enforcement of safety practices in compliance to internal and external requirements and regulations. Develop and implement Hazard control procedures.
· Standardise PPMS across region a. Identify critical components
· Ensure all Critical Suppliers meet group standards and manage their performance
· Introduce risk-based review of all Critical components
· Introduce an Innovative tool to monitor asset performance
· Identify and develop appropriate Standardised training requirements for engineers and support implementation.
· Interpret local regulatory standards and ensure Plants are Compliant to all-Environmental criteria
· Provide leadership to ensure continuous improvement of maintenance processes and activities in line with world-class safety objectives and the Quality management system
· Ensure that the Engineering team operates within and towards the published corporate vision and global objectives, including LEAN, 5S, Sustainability, and One Team One Goal strategies.
· Apply to the Corporate Values, culture, and ethos managing the business, its customers and staff.
Business and key competencies Required:
A degree in Engineering is required.
Minimum of 5-10 years in relevant experience
Proven Technical Capability.
Proven leadership qualities (leading by example
A high degree of trust, integrity and honesty
Acute awareness of the importance of safety to the business
Willing to go the extra mile for our Customers (Customer First, always)
Good understanding of the principle of continuous improvement
Well-developed understanding of risk and risk avoidance
Excellent communication skills (both oral and written
Company offer's a competitive salary, good working environments with a growing well-established organization.
To apply contact mary.mullin@collinsmcnichoals or call 09064 78104