- Reference: SJ45625
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
ENGINEERING MANAGER – Sligo
Our client is a multinational medical device manufacturer who are going through a period of growth. The require an engineering manager with strong technical ability to lead the complex automation and process development projects as well as being a strategic thinker in developing the engineering team and promoting a culture of operational excellence.
- Improve existing processes regarding product quality, process robustness and cost.
- Develop efficient processes for new products
- Provide technical support in field related activities such as compliant or CAPA investigations
- Provide technical leadership for personnel involved in process development activities
- Lead the validation process on site and ensure that process validations and work methods meet all regulatory and process requirements
- Maintain system in compliance with changing regulatory environment and ensure staff are competent in the development and execution of validation activities
- Mentor and develop necessary skills within department team, ensuring they are trained in all duties required.
- Support Talent Management within the department by developing the technical capabilities and overall skill sets of the team in order to ensure that on-going and future strategic business needs are met
- Develop resource allocation and a critical path so as to effectively manage the introduction of technologies, modifications, and process improvements.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate the technology aspect of key projects and maintain focus ion the achievement of project schedule, time and cost objectives.
- Prepare technical documentation such as standard operating procedures, user requirements specifications, safety programmes, validation protocols, technical reports, engineering calculations, change controls and other documentation as required.
- Direct, develop and coach of direct reports through effective leadership.
- Ensure information flow amongst all stakeholders eg. Marketing, Production, Product Development, Quality Management etc.
- Assist in ensuring that GMP and GDP is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the employees are working in a safe environment.
- Prepares and manages departmental budget.
- Participates in cross financial and inter site teams as required.
- Minimum Level 8 Degree in Engineering or Technical /Manufacturing Discipline, plus at least 9 years of direct engineering / manufacturing experience
- Proven people management skills with minimum 5 years previous experience in a people management position
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
- Proven ability to deliver large complex technical projects on time.
- Ability to deal with and manage change
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing environments
- Cultivate and foster a strong team ethos in the department and maintain healthy working relationships with other functions
- Adapt and organised approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- Proven capability of effectively delivering on priorities
Become part of a corporate culture that actively promotes constructive exchanges between colleagues, customers, and partners.
Our client can offer you interesting, varied tasks and excellent opportunities for advancement along with an attractive salary and benefits, all within a dynamic company.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!