Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo, is looking to hire an Engineering Manager.
- Directs maintenance of plant buildings and coordinates requirements for new designs, surveys, and maintenance schedules for equipment and machinery.
- Build and maintain the knowledge needed to be resident expert on equipment and manufacturing.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Administer and resolve all technical maintenance issues.
- Provide an efficient interface with all automation and validation processes and provide training to all engineers and mechanics.
- Design all preventive maintenance programs in coordination with maintenance and engineering staff
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfilment of contract specifications.
- Review, update and manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Along with the HSE (Health and Safety contractor), coordinate HAZOP reviews and other PSM needs to ensure the safety and health of employees. Participate in incident reviews, root cause analyses and corrective actions.
- Recommend improvements or redesigns for equipment and processes to meet safety, quality, production and cost goals. Create PFDs and P&IDs.
- Use statistics and statistical process controls to confirm plant operations, capability, reliability and quality.
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 10 years total, with 5 or more years’ experience in management within a medium to large‐scale biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Senior leadership team experience.
- Strong background in process safety management.
- Management of capital projects.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and experience applying them in an industrial setting.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, AUTOCAD and MS Project.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mark Whelan.