- Reference: CJ46815
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leinster, Wexford
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- Lead the development and implementation of a project portfolio that aligns with the strategic goals of the company and ensure best practice in project governance by maximising systems, people and processes. Projects within the portfolio will range in scope from programs of incremental improvement through to significant breakthroughs and new product introduction and development.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, influencing competencies, and a proven ability to drive lasting behavioural change. Lead the implementation of change aligned with company’s culture of self-direction, empowerment, and accountability, with sensitivity to the particular challenges of change management. Provide leadership and guidance to the Project Management and NPI teams.
- Manage the portfolio of projects using standardised project management methods. This will involve working closely with stakeholders in other plants and departments in a challenging environment of competing priorities to achieve optimal outcomes that are aligned with the company’s strategic goals.
- Manage the portfolio financial budget processes and ensure that projects are delivered to agreed budgetary commitments
- Employ Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies such as process mapping, root cause analysis, cause and effect matrices, FMEA, as appropriate in project work.
- Provide leadership and focus on strategic planning to assess and prioritise projects under the criteria defined in the company’s project management policy. Maintain the project prioritisation register and ensure project reporting is timely and accurate. Analyse and recognise patterns and trends in key performance indicators. Seek to propose and justify projects in a pro-active way.
- Commit to a personal training and development program linked to the strategic business requirements of the position. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Learn the company’s manufacturing processes and equipment in order to understand them, so as to be competent in providing direction for process improvements. Promote standardization, familiarity and commonality of processes & management systems across the site.
- Lead the NPI engineering function within NRO to ensure that customer needs are met in a timely manner, by ensuring exceptional handover and commercialisation from the R&D teams and or customer transfers.
- Work closely with the commercial teams to ensure new products and R&D projects are continually added to the pipeline to ensure revenue commitments.
- Develop productive & effective relationships with colleagues in other sites, facilitating the sharing of best practice in both directions.
- Take responsibility as required for selected corrective and preventative actions as they apply to our technical and project management systems.
- Develop documentation and assist in training employees in new or improved procedures and processes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven track record in managing large scale projects using formal project management methodology, including the management of multiple concurrent initiatives across sites.
- Ability to apply project management methods in the definition, design, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of projects and programs to achieve goals.
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities be a proven influencer and communicator with stakeholders at all levels.
- Provide leadership both directly, and by example, as befits a senior position.
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees.
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions.
- Knowledge of engineering and project management theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
Education and Experience Required:
- College graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Lean Operations, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Engineering.
- Excellent attention to detail.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!